Volunteer in the Philippines
About the program in the Philippines
Volunteer in the Philippines with GapXperience! We have 7 volunteer programs available including cultural, teaching, construction, environmental and healthcare projects. We also have the culture week which is a great option to start your
Join the best volunteer trips in the Philippines with various volunteer abroad opportunities including teaching English at a school, be a teacher at a kindergarten, community activities, and construction projects for short term 1 week or 2 weeks up to long term or on a gap year for young people, students, couples and adults international volunteers who want to help to make a difference and give their free time and effort to local children and people with ethical volunteering work programs in developing countries with legitimate development organisations overseas in summer and throughout the year with no qualifications required from 17 years old.
Join from only €395, £375, $465!
Palawan Program Summary
Location: Palawan, The Philippines
Start Dates: Start every Monday throughout the year
Arrival: Puerto Princesa Airport on Sunday
Duration: 1-8 weeks
Accommodation: Volunteer house
Age: Join from 17 years old
Why Join with GapXperience ?
- Experienced and Trusted Organization – Established over 14 years ago, we have grown to become one of the world’s leaders for Gap Year & Volunteer Abroad Programs with over 200 programs in over 30 countries around the world, having placed thousands of participants abroad.
- Most Affordable Prices – Our fees are the some of the most affordable for quality volunteer travel that you will find with just one low fixed fee without additional registration or application fees.
- Responsible Projects – Our volunteer projects are run responsibly and have a positive impact on local needs.
- Great Support – Before you go and throughout your stay, you will have the support and guidance of our team and the local partner’s team who will provide you with assistance. Checkout our reviews to see the wonderful feedback we have received from our participants.
- Participant Safety – Safety is a top priority for us, with trustworthy projects, partners and coordinators that have been fully trained to deal with safety issues.
- Make Friends – Meet up with the friendly locals and like-minded travelers during your program.
- Explore on Weekends – You have the weekends free to explore and travel and create great travel experiences.
- Self Development – We see volunteering as an essential part of personal and career development, playing a key role in building on life and work related skills.
Program Info & Location
To volunteer in the Philippines provides a unique & worthwhile experience and is a great way to gain new experiences and skill sets while learning about the local culture and people. In the Philippines you can volunteer in the different volunteer projects such as teaching English, construction, kindergarten, healthcare or the environmental projects. These programs will bring the participant closer to the kind and friendly people of the Philippines whilst making a difference. Our volunteer projects are run responsibly and have a positive impact on supporting local needs.
The volunteer accommodation where you will be staying and the volunteer projects are in Aborlan, which is located 2 hours south of Puerto Princesa City. Aborlan is located 70 kilometres south of Puerto Princesa City. You will be accommodated in the volunteer house together with other volunteers. Rooms are shared based on a single-gender basis.
You can choose the Cultural Orientation Week in Palawan as your first week of your program, but this is not compulsory. This week will ensure that you get the most out of your stay by learning about the local culture and customs.
There are several volunteer projects available and you can build your own schedule from a short term 1 week program up to 8 weeks and choose which project(s) you want to join and you can also combine different projects!
These projects are available in the Palawan :
- Culture Week
- Environmental Conservation
- Construction Project
- Teaching English
- Palawan Experience
- Health Care
You can build your own program on the application form where you can choose which project you want to join and you can also combine different projects and create your own volunteer program. You can volunteer in the different volunteer projects such as teaching English, construction, kindergarten, healthcare or the environmental projects.
You can choose the Cultural Orientation Week as your first week of your program, but this is not compulsory. This week will ensure that you get the most out of your stay by learning about the local culture and customs.
In Palawan you can volunteer in a variety of projects in Aborlan, about 2 hours south of Puerto Princesa. Palawan is a special island dotted with fishing villages and surrounded by beautiful blue sea. The scenes contrasts perfectly with the emerald green jungled mountains which form its landscape. Our program is located in Tigman Village in Aborlan District, a small and laid back area just outside of Puerto Princesa City.
You need to arrive on the Sunday before the start date of the program at Puerto Princesa International Airport from 10.00 to 17.00. You can also arrive on Saturday and be picked up from the airport, you just need to book an extra night accommodation. You will be picked up from the airport and taken to your accommodation. You can join the program from 1 to 8 weeks. Departure day is Saturday of your last week. Departure day is on Saturday of your last week.
Accommodation and Meals
You will be provided with three meals a day on weekdays and two meals per day on weekends. The food will consist mainly of local Philippine cuisine and will be served on site at this accommodation.
Participants share a room together with other participants in single-gender rooms in volunteer accommodation.
Requirements to Join
- Participants need to be minimum 17 years to join
- Participants need to be in good physical and mental health
- You need to have your own travel insurance, including health and 3rd party liability coverage
- Participants must have a clean criminal background check, click here for details
“It’s a great program in the Philippines! I truly enjoyed my time in The Philippines. It was an experience I will never forget.”
“The program was a great experience for me. The kids I taught were smart and happy. They were willing to learn which was amazing.”
Projects in the Philippines
here are different projects available in the Philippines with us which can be combined. You can join from 1-8 weeks. You can build your own program on the application form where you can choose which project(s) you want to join and build your own schedule in the Philippines.
For more info on the location and accommodation click here.
Here are the projects that are available in the Philippines :
Palawan Culture Week
During the Culture Week you can experience Philippino culture first-hand through your exploration of local spots, immersing in the cuisine, visiting famous sights and more!
Join the Kindergarten Program in Palawan in The Philippines and help out at a local kindergarten and taking care children and teaching English to them.
Teach English in the Philippines to local children of Palawan improving their English language skills at a local school.
Palawan Construction Effort
Join this constructing project renovating their houses, health care centers, schools, or other community facilities.
Palawan Environmental Conservation
Help with the rehabilitating the mangrove in Tigman Village, which have been in severe decline for almost 10 years.
Palawan Village Healthcare
Help in the healthcare of villagers in one of a rural area of Palawan and get work experience in healthcare.
Learn about fishing and agriculture by working with local villagers in Palawan,
in Partnership with The Green Lion
For over 10 years we have worked in close partnership with The Green Lion. They are the world leaders in the field of developing meaningful travel programs according to the principle of XCeLLeC. Our successful partnership for many years has enabled thousands of participants to have an exciting and life-changing experience abroad. Check out their Blog for wonderful stories of participants!
Prices of the Program in Palawan
Prices in Pounds
1 week : 375 Pounds
2 weeks : 535 Pounds
3 weeks : 710 Pounds
4 weeks : 875 Pounds
+1 week : 185 Pounds
Prices in US$
1 week : 465 US$
2 weeks : 670 US$
3 weeks : 895 US$
4 weeks : 1085 US$
+1 week : 240 US$
Prices in Euro
1 week : 395 Euro
2 weeks : 565 Euro
3 weeks : 750 Euro
4 weeks : 915 Euro
+1 week : 195 Euro
* If joining the Culture Week, Construction, Experience or Healthcare Project then there is an extra charge of £90/US$125/€95 per week