Volunteer in the Philippines
About the program in the Philippines
Volunteer Program in the Philippines with GapXperience!
We have 7 volunteer programs available including cultural, teaching, construction, environmental and healthcare projects. We also have the culture week which is a great option to start your
You can join from a
Palawan Program Summary
Location: Palawan, The Philippines
Start Dates: Start every Monday throughout the year
Arrival: Puerto Princesa Airport on Sunday
Duration: 1-8 weeks
Accommodation: Volunteer house
Age: Join from 18 years old
Price: From only £355, US$450 or €375
Why Join with GapXperience ?
- Experienced and Trusted Organization – Established over 14 years ago, we have grown to become one of the world’s leaders for Gap Year & Volunteer Abroad Programs with over 200 programs in over 30 countries around the world, having placed thousands of participants abroad.
- Most Affordable Prices – Our fees are the some of the most affordable for quality volunteer travel that you will find with just one low fixed fee without additional registration or application fees.
- Responsible Projects – Our volunteer projects are run responsibly and have a positive impact on local needs.
- Great Support – Before you go and throughout your stay, you will have the support and guidance of our team and the local partner’s team who will provide you with assistance. Checkout our reviews to see the wonderful feedback we have received from our participants.
- Participant Safety – Safety is a top priority for us, with trustworthy projects, partners and coordinators that have been fully trained to deal with safety issues.
- Make Friends – Meet up with the friendly locals and like-minded travelers during your program.
- Explore on Weekends – You have the weekends free to explore and travel and create great travel experiences.
- Self Development – We see volunteering as an essential part of personal and career development, playing a key role in building on life and work related skills.
Program Info & Location
To volunteer in the Philippines provides a unique & worthwhile experience and is a great way to gain new experiences and skill sets while learning about the local culture and people. In the Philippines you can volunteer in the different volunteer projects such as teaching English, construction, kindergarten, healthcare or the environmental projects. These programs will bring the participant closer to the kind and friendly people of the Philippines whilst making a difference. Our volunteer projects are run responsibly and have a positive impact on supporting local needs.
The volunteer accommodation where you will be staying and the volunteer projects are in Aborlan, which is located 2 hours south of Puerto Princesa City. Aborlan is located 70 kilometres south of Puerto Princesa City. You will be accommodated in the volunteer house together with other volunteers. Rooms are shared based on a single-gender basis.
You can choose the Cultural Orientation Week in Palawan as your first week of your program, but this is not compulsory. This week will ensure that you get the most out of your stay by learning about the local culture and customs.
There are several volunteer projects available and you can build your own schedule from a short term 1 week program up to 8 weeks and choose which project(s) you want to join and you can also combine different projects!
These projects are available in the Palawan :
- Culture Week
- Environmental Conservation
- Construction Project
- Teaching English
- Palawan Experience
- Health Care
You can build your own program on the application form where you can choose which project you want to join and you can also combine different projects and create your own volunteer program. You can volunteer in the different volunteer projects such as teaching English, construction, kindergarten, healthcare or the environmental projects.
You can choose the Cultural Orientation Week as your first week of your program, but this is not compulsory. This week will ensure that you get the most out of your stay by learning about the local culture and customs.
In Palawan you can volunteer in a variety of projects in Aborlan, about 2 hours south of Puerto Princesa. Palawan is a special island dotted with fishing villages and surrounded by beautiful blue sea. The scenes contrasts perfectly with the emerald green jungled mountains which form its landscape. Our program is located in Tigman Village in Aborlan District, a small and laid back area just outside of Puerto Princesa City.
You need to arrive on the Sunday before the start date of the program at Puerto Princesa International Airport from 10.00 to 17.00. You can also arrive on Saturday and be picked up from the airport, you just need to book an extra night accommodation. You will be picked up from the airport and taken to your accommodation. You can join the program from 1 to 8 weeks. Departure day is Saturday of your last week. Departure day is on Saturday of your last week.
Accommodation and Meals
You will be provided with three meals a day on weekdays and two meals per day on weekends. The food will consist mainly of local Philippine cuisine and will be served on site at this accommodation.
Participants share a room together with other participants in single-gender rooms in volunteer accommodation.
Requirements to Join
- Participants need to be minimum 18 years to join
- Participants need to be in good physical and mental health
- You need to have your own travel insurance
- Participants must have a clean criminal background check, click here for details
“It’s a great program in the Philippines! I truly enjoyed my time in The Philippines. It was an experience I will never forget.”Marianne Van Camp
“The quality of the program is shown by the way it has a direct impact on the kids, giving the real experience of the Philippines.”Damien Hawes
“The program was a great experience for me. The kids I taught were smart and happy. They were willing to learn which was amazing.”Kate Darling
Projects in the Philippines
here are different projects available in the Philippines with us which can be combined. You can join from 1-8 weeks. You can build your own program on the application form where you can choose which project(s) you want to join and build your own schedule in the Philippines.
For more info on the location and accommodation click here.
Here are the projects that are available in the Philippines :
Palawan Culture Week
During the Culture Week you can experience Philippino culture first-hand through your exploration of local spots, immersing in the cuisine, visiting famous sights and more!
Join the Kindergarten Program in Palawan in The Philippines and help out at a local kindergarten and taking care children and teaching English to them.
Teach English in the Philippines to local children of Palawan improving their English language skills at a local school.
Palawan Construction Effort
Join this constructing project renovating their houses, health care centers, schools, or other community facilities.
Palawan Environmental Conservation
Help with the rehabilitating the mangrove in Tigman Village, which have been in severe decline for almost 10 years.
Palawan Village Healthcare
Help in the healthcare of villagers in one of a rural area of Palawan and get work experience in healthcare.
Learn about fishing and agriculture by working with local villagers in Palawan,
Prices of the Program in Palawan
Prices in Pounds
1 week : 355 Pounds
2 weeks : 495 Pounds
3 weeks : 635 Pounds
4 weeks : 785 Pounds
+1 week : 165 Pounds
Prices in US$
1 week : 450 US$
2 weeks : 625 US$
3 weeks : 810 US$
4 weeks : 985 US$
+1 week : 215 US$
Prices in Euro
1 week : 375 Euro
2 weeks : 525 Euro
3 weeks : 675 Euro
4 weeks : 825 Euro
+1 week : 175 Euro
* If joining the Culture Week or Healthcare Project then there is an extra charge of £85/US$115/€90 per week
** There is an extra charge of £30/US$40/€30 per week for the construction project
* Please be aware that the program & accommodation details are subject to change according to local circumstances.
Why book with GapXperience
How to Book your Program
Participants are encouraged to submit their applications as far in advance as possible as places on the program are limited. You can apply up to 1 month before your start date. Apply today and get ready for one of the most amazing experiences of your life!
Fill out the Application Form. We will process your application and let you know if your application was successful within 24 hours.
Pay your deposit to reserve you place in the program. You can pay the deposit in these currencies: £145, US$175 or €150.
Pay the remaining fees, minus the deposit which you already paid, six weeks before your start date of your program.