VOLUNTEER in South Africa
About the program in South Africa
In South Africa we have different Volunteering Programs available including kindergarten, teaching and conservation projects. You can join the program for a short term 2 weeks program up to a 8 weeks program from 17 years old. You can combine different projects easily with us without any extra costs.
Join the best volunteer trips in South Africa with various volunteer abroad opportunities including teaching English at a school, be a teacher at a kindergarten, and conservation projects for short term 2 weeks up to long term or on a gap year for young people, students, couples and adults international volunteers who want to help to make a difference and give their free time and effort to local children and people with ethical volunteering work programs in developing countries with legitimate development organisations overseas in summer and throughout the year with no qualifications required.
South Africa Program Summary
Start Dates 2020 : Start every Monday
Arrival: Airport of Capetown
Location: Capetown, South Africa
Duration: Join from 2-8 weeks
Age: Join from 17 years old
Why Join with GapXperience ?
- Experienced and Trusted Organization – Established over 14 years ago, we have grown to become one of the world’s leaders for Gap Year & Volunteer Abroad Programs with over 200 programs in over 30 countries around the world, having placed thousands of participants abroad.
- Most Affordable Prices – our fees are the some of the most affordable for quality volunteer travel that you will find with just one low fixed fee without additional registration or application fees.
- Responsible Projects – Our volunteer projects abroad are run responsibly and have a positive impact on local needs of the local people.
- Great Support – Before you go and throughout your stay, you will have the support and guidance of our team and the local coordinators who will provide you with assistance. Checkout our reviews to see the wonderful feedback we have received from our participants.
- Make Friends – Meet up with the friendly locals and like-minded travelers during your program abroad and make life-long friends during your trip.
- Explore on Weekends – You have the weekends free to explore the local area and travel around and create some great travel experiences.
- Self Development – We see volunteering as an essential part of personal and career development, playing a key role in building on life and work related skills.
You can join this program from 2 to 8 weeks. You can build your own schedule and choose which project(s) you want to do each week as you wish. There are several projects available and you can build your own schedule from a short term 2 weeks program up to 8 weeks and choose which project(s) you want to join and you can also combine different projects as you like!
The minimum duration of the program is 2 weeks. On your first day you will start your program with an introduction to the area, accommodation, facilities and a cultural introduction.
There are three meals included from Monday to Friday and two meals during the weekend.
Participants share a room together with other participants in single-gender rooms.
You need to arrive on the Sunday before the start date of the program.
Departure day is on Saturday of your last week.
Requirements to Join
- Participants need to be minimum 17 years to join
- Participants need to be in good physical and mental health
- You need to have your own travel insurance
- Participants must have a clean criminal background check, click here for details
“I had an amazing time with GapXperience. I was happy with the whole experience and would love to go back there in the future.”
“I had such an amazing time volunteering. This was truly a life changing experience, which I cannot wait to do again. Thank you!”
the volunteer programs in South Africa
You can build your own program on the application form where you can choose which project you want to join and you can also combine different projects and create your own volunteer program.
These are the projects in South Africa :
Assist the teachers in the classroom with various different tasks and activities while helping the early childhood development of the children. Your care and attention would play a major role in the classroom in terms of teaching and interacting with the children.
Be around children from various backgrounds and help them to achieve their full potential in the academic area in their lives. Encourage education in the class by creating innovative learning experiences while assisting the teachers in the day to day tasks and responsibilities.
Help the local team to look after the children at the daycare centre, spend time with women with difficult backgrounds. Create a friendly and respectful environment for them to make their lives better. Encourage the children to improve their skills and knowledge while helping them with their homework.
The Cheetah Conservation
Work closely with a local organization who rehabilitate captive born and bred Cheetahs and release them back into the wild. Get an incredible opportunity to learn about this amazing species while supporting their survival on the face of the planet.
prices of the program
Prices in Pounds
2 weeks : 795 Pounds
3 weeks : 1075 Pounds
4 weeks : 1375 Pounds
+1 week : 315 Pounds
Prices in US$
2 weeks : 985 US$
3 weeks : 1325 US$
4 weeks : 1675 US$
+1 week : 395 US$
Prices in Euro
2 weeks : 845 Euro
3 weeks : 1135 Euro
4 weeks : 1425 Euro
+1 week : 325 Euro
* Extra cost per week : Conservation & Sanctuary Projects cost 195 Pounds/255 US$/225 Euro extra per week
What’s included : Volunteer Program • Airport pickup • Accommodation • Meals • Support • Pre-departure information
Not included : flight, insurance, visa, criminal background check, vaccinations, transport back to the airport at end of the program, personal expenses