Volunteer in Vanuatu
About the Volunteering program in Vanuatu
Volunteer Program in Vanuatu with GapXperience! We have 3 volunteer projects available including teaching English, construction and marine conservation projects. You will start the program with the culture week. This program will bring the participant closer to the kind and friendly people of Vanuatu whilst making a difference. You can combine different projects easily with us without any extra costs!
5% Discount for bookings made until the end of June 2019!
Vanuatu Program Summary
Location: Port Vila & Pélé Island, Vanuatu
Arrival: Bauerfield International Airport (VLI)
Duration: 2-4 weeks
Start Dates 2019 : 1 July, 5 August, 2 September, 7 October, 4 November, 2 December
Start Dates 2020 : Start every Monday
Age: From 18 years old
Why Join with GapXperience ?
- Experienced and Trusted Organization – Established over 14 years ago, we have grown to become one of the world’s leaders for Gap Year & Volunteer Abroad Programs with over 200 programs in over 30 countries around the world, having placed thousands of participants abroad.
- Most Affordable Prices – our fees are the some of the most affordable for quality volunteer travel that you will find with just one low fixed fee without additional registration or application fees.
- Responsible Projects – Our volunteer projects abroad are run responsibly and have a positive impact on local needs of the local people.
- Great Support – Before you go and throughout your stay, you will have the support and guidance of our team and the local coordinators who will provide you with assistance. Checkout our reviews to see the wonderful feedback we have received from our participants.
- Make Friends – Meet up with the friendly locals and like-minded travelers during your program abroad and make life-long friends during your trip.
- Explore on Weekends – You have the weekends free to explore the local area and travel around and create some great travel experiences.
- Self Development – We see volunteering as an essential part of personal and career development, playing a key role in building on life and work related skills.
Doing a volunteer program in Vanuatu provides a unique & worthwhile experience and is a great way to gain new experiences and skill sets while learning about the local local culture and people. In Vanuatu you can volunteer in a variety of projects. You can also combine different projects at no extra cost!
You need to arrive on the Sunday before the start date of the program at Bauerfield International Airport (VLI) Port Vila on Sunday. You will be picked up from the airport and taken to your accommodation. You can join the program from 2 to 4 weeks.
About the Location
Port Vila is the harborside capital and main hub of Vanuatu, on Efate island. Its small downtown is home to colorful market stalls selling produce and local handicrafts. The town is a base for diving and trips to Mele Cascades, a multi-tiered waterfall with rock pools in a rainforest.
Pélé Island, sometimes spelled Pele in English, is a volcanic island located 11,2 miles north of the island of Éfaté in the Shefa Province of the Republic of Vanuatu.
Accommodation & Meals
Accommodation – You will stay in a single gender shared room together with other participants.
Meals – There are 3 meals included from Monday to Friday and 2 meals per day on weekends.
Throughout your stay in Vanuatu, you will have the support and guidance of our the team of local coordinators of our partner who will provide you with assistance and help you with any thing that you may need. The coordinators will provide support in all aspects of your projects starting from arrival to departure.
The minimum duration of the program is 2 weeks. You can start your program with the culture week but this is not compulsory.
There are several volunteer projects available and you can build your own schedule and choose which project(s) you want to join and you can also combine different projects!
You need to arrive on the Sunday before the start date of the program at Bauerfield International Airport (VLI) from 08.00 until 20.00. You will be picked up from the airport and taken to your accommodation.
Departure day is on Saturday of your last week.
Requirements to Join
- Participants need to be minimum 18 years to join
- Participants need to be in good physical and mental health
- You need to have your own travel insurance
- Participants must have a clean criminal background check, click here for details
Projects in Vanuatu
Here are all the projects in Vanuatu :
Immerse in the local culture of Vanuatu by exploring many exciting locations, and spending your time learning about the unique traditions.
Support the underprivileged communities in Vanuatu and by a making a change in the lives of small children!
Actively support the community development in Vanuatu by engaging in our reconstruction and renovation project!
Support conserving the sea life in Vanuatu by taking part in our Marine Conservation program where you will be able to spend some quality time by the beach!
Prices of the Program in Vanuatu
Prices in Pounds
2 weeks : 730 Pounds
3 weeks : 995 Pounds
4 weeks : 1260 Pounds
Prices in US$
2 weeks : 945 US$
3 weeks : 1295 US$
4 weeks : 1635 US$
Prices in Euro
2 weeks : 815 Euro
3 weeks : 1115 Euro
4 weeks : 1415 Euro
5% Discount for bookings made until the end of June 2019!
* If joining the culture week or the marine conservation then there is an extra charge of £90/US$120/€105
** There is an extra charge of £30/US$40/€35 per week for the construction project
What’s included : Volunteer Program • Airport pickup • Accommodation • Meals • Support • Pre-departure information
Not included : flight, insurance, visa, criminal background check, vaccinations, transport back to the airport at end of the program, personal expenses
Why book with GapXperience
How to Book your Program
Participants are encouraged to submit their applications as far in advance as possible as places on the program are limited. You can apply up to 1 month before your start date. Apply today and get ready for one of the most amazing experiences of your life!
Fill out the Application Form. We will process your application and let you know if your application was successful within 24 hours.
Pay your deposit to reserve you place in the program. You can pay the deposit in these different currencies: £145, US$175 or €150.
Pay the remaining fees, minus the deposit which you already paid, six weeks before your start date of your program.