volunteer in Vietnam
Join our Volunteer Program in Vietnam with GapXperience!
Volunteer in Vietnam with GapXperience in Ho Chi Minh City or in Phan Thiet on the east coast of Vietnam and Mekong Delta where we have 9 volunteer programs available including kindergarten, teaching, building, child care, medical and food distribution projects. We also have the culture week which is a great option to start your program in Vietnam.
You can combine different projects easily with us without any extra costs. Join us in Vietnam from only £370, US$480, AU$630 or €395 – no application or registration fees!
Vietnam Program Summary
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta & Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Start Dates: Start every Monday throughout the year
Arrival: Ho Chi Minh City Airport
Duration: 1-8 weeks
Projects: Choose from 9 Projects which can be combined
Age: From 17 years old
Why Join with GapXperience ?
- Experienced and Trusted Organization – Established over 14 years ago, we have grown to become one of the world’s leaders for Gap Year & Volunteer Abroad Programs with over 200 programs in over 30 countries around the world, having placed thousands of participants abroad.
- Most Affordable Prices – our fees are the some of the most affordable for quality volunteer travel that you will find with just one low fixed fee without additional registration or application fees.
- Responsible Projects – Our volunteer projects in Thailand are run responsibly and have a positive impact on local needs.
- Great Support – Before you go and throughout your stay, you will have the support and guidance of our team and the local partner’s team who will provide you with assistance and help you with any thing that you may need. The coordinators will provide support in all aspects of your projects starting from arrival to departure. Checkout our reviews to see the wonderful feedback we have received from our participants.
- Participant Safety – Safety is a top priority for us, with trustworthy projects, partners and coordinators that have been fully trained to deal with safety issues.
- Make Friends – Meet up with the friendly locals and like-minded travelers during your program in Thailand and make life-long friends.
- Explore on Weekends – You have the weekends free to explore the local area and travel around and create some great travel experiences.
- Self Development – We see volunteering as an essential part of personal and career development, playing a key role in building on life and work related skills.
Program Info & Location
You can join this program from 1 to 8 weeks. The program starts every Monday. You can combine any of the projects in Vietnam. You can build your own schedule and choose which project(s) you want to do each week as you wish.
There are several projects available and you can build your own schedule from a short term 1 week to 2 weeks program up to 8 weeks and choose which project(s) you want to join and you can also combine different projects as you like!
There are 3 locations in Vietnam which can be combined : Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta and Phan Thiet.
Ho Chi Minh City, formerly named as Saigon, is the largest city in Vietnam and the former capital of the Republic of Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh City is now the most populated city in Vietnam. Modern office skyscrapers, amidst Chinese style pagodas and food stalls along the street, creating a very special sense.
The Mekong Delta is located south of Ho Chi Minh City.
Located in the Binh Thuan province along the coast in southeast Vietnam, Phan Thiet is a relatively undisturbed fishing town that is also the capital of the province. Here you will find all sorts of cultural sites, local markets and natural wonders to enjoy!
You will arrive at Tan Son Nhat International Airport where you will be picked up Sundays and transferred to your accommodation. You need to arrive on Saturday or Sunday between 09:00 and 18:00 at Tan Son Nhat International Airport. Saturday arrivals need to book one extra night at our accommodation. You will be picked up from the airport and taken to your accommodation.
Accommodation and Meals
There are three meals included from Monday to Friday and two meals during the weekend. Participants share a room together with other participants in single-gender rooms. The accommodations are in volunteer houses or guesthouses depending on the program. See the project brochures below for more info.
Requirements to Join
- Participants need to be minimum 17 years to join
- Participant aged 17 are required to present a parental consent letter
- participants below 16 are required to be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Participants need to be in good physical and mental health
- You need to have your own travel insurance
- Participants must have a clean criminal background check, click here for details
Ho Chi Minh City
“This was my first international volunteer experience, and my first experience traveling alone in another country. I couldn’t imagine having had a better experience. The volunteer coordinator was incredible. The actual volunteering was incredibly rewarding. The experience has truly been life changing for me, and I would encourage anyone interested in the program to pursue it. Thank you so much for this incredible opportunity!”Carrie Reichert
“I volunteered in Vietnam with GapXperience, which was definitely the best trip and best experience of my life! I really enjoyed working at every project, every project is very satisfying in his own way. I will never forget my stay in Vietnam and I’m planning to do similar volunteer work in the next few years!”Michael Reyn
“My daughter, Demi, and her friend Amy and I all travelled to Vietnam to spend two weeks volunteering with GapXperience. The volunteering was mind expanding, and rewarding. The Vietnamese are the most friendly and welcoming people I have met anywhere in the world. This was an incredible time of our lives, and to have shared it with my daughter and her friend was amazing. We will cherish our memories.”Lynn Gagliardi
“I can honestly say this was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. The volunteering I did was such an enriching experience, All the people I met were so generous, happy to share their lives and experiences and really happy to spend what little time I had with them and so I thank them and your organization for enabling me to do this. I have recommended GapXperience to many people and so I hope I can help to spread the good work you are doing.”Shilpa Mistry
“What’s a pleasure for me to help at the project! The disabled children are so kind, they are so happy to see volunteers. I love to be with them. And I would even like to change my career and to work with disable children when I will go back to home in France. Thanks to your organization and what it gives to the children and to volunteers.”Gladys Bechet
9 Programs in Vietnam
There are 3 locations in Vietnam which can be combined : Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta and Phan Thiet. Please find below the projects that are available in Vietnam. You can build your own program on the application form where you can choose which project you want to join and you can also combine different projects and create your own volunteer schedule in the Vietnam!
Culture Week in Ho Chi Minh City
This action packed week combines Vietnamese culture, both contemporary and historic, through visits to historic monuments, workshops and more!
Campus Life & Teaching in Ho Chi Minh City
Teaching with a twist! Help students your own age with your advanced English skills, in a two-way learning process that will allow for great cultural exchange!
Medical Placement in Ho Chi Minh City
Have an eye-opening observational experience at a hospital in Ho Chi Minh.This program is ideal for persons currently working or studying in the medical field.
Phan Thiet Kindergarten
Be a part of the team that uses playing, singing, drawing and other fun activities for education, while helping children to learn as they grow.
Phan Thiet Food Shop
Help cook and serve meals at this vibrant food shop, providing healthy, yet inexpensive meals to locals in need.
Prices of the program in Vietnam
Prices in Pounds
1 week : 370 Pounds
2 weeks : 545 Pounds
3 weeks : 735 Pounds
4 weeks : 895 Pounds
+1 week : 180 Pounds
Prices in US$
1 week : 480 US$
2 weeks : 705 US$
3 weeks : 935 US$
4 weeks : 1165 US$
+1 week : 230 US$
Prices in AU$
1 week : 630 AU$
2 weeks : 925 AU$
3 weeks : 1225 AU$
4 weeks : 1522 AU$
+1 week : 295 AU$s
Prices in Euro
1 week : 395 Euro
2 weeks : 585 Euro
3 weeks : 775 Euro
4 weeks : 965 Euro
+1 week : 195 Euro
* For the culture week and medical project there is an extra charge of £75/US95/AU$125/€70 per week
What’s included : Volunteer Program • Airport pickup • Accommodation • Meals • Support • Pre-departure information
Not included : flight, insurance, visa, criminal background check, vaccinations, transport back to the airport at end of the program, personal expenses, 4% international banking fee
Why book with GapXperience
How to Book your Program
Participants are encouraged to submit their applications as far in advance as possible as places on the program are limited. Apply today and get ready for one of the most amazing experiences of your life!
Fill out the Application Form. We will process your application and let you know if your application was successful within 24 hours.
Pay your deposit to reserve you place in the program. You can pay the deposit in these currencies: £95, US$135, AU$185 or €125.
Pay the remaining fees, minus the deposit which you already paid, six weeks before your start date of your program.